Valheim is an action survival RPG that takes players to a Viking world full of beauty and brutality. One of the reasons for its popularity is the fact that it offers a large number of skills to choose from and you can level up quickly. There are many different ways to get experience points (XP) in Valheim, so you’ll be able to choose the method that best suits your play style.
In this Valheim guide, you’ll learn all about all the available Valheim skills, what you need them for, and how you can level up quickly.
Table of Contents
1) What do you need skills for?
In Valheim, skills are the stats that determine your abilities in certain actions based on the level of the skill. Just like in some other RPGs, you can increase the level of your skills by gaining XP and improving your proficiency in those actions. The maximum skill cap for all skills in Valheim is 100.
2) Valheim skills: Which ones are there?
Below is a list of all the skills that can be discovered in Valheim and how to increase them.
- Running: Running is the only skill you will and must level up. Running uses up stamina, so make sure to have food with you so you can run longer.
- Fists: Firsts is a skill you can unlock at the beginning when you are trying to attack something.
- Polearms: You will unlock this skill the first time you hit an enemy with an atgeir. Attacking enemies with any atgeir will improve your polearm skills.
- Blocking: The skill is unlocked the first time you attempt to block an enemy attack. Blocking mitigates some of the damage from the enemy attack, depending on what you block it with.
- Jump: The jump skill is unlocked the first time you press the spacebar to jump. Important: Jumping consumes an enormous amount of stamina.
- Axes: Improving this skill increases the damage you deal to enemies and bosses, but not the damage you deal to trees, rocks, or other types of harvestable resources.
- Wood Cutting: This skill is unlocked the first time you attempt to cut down a tree. Cutting wood is unavoidable in Valheim.
- Bows: Bows are powerful weapons that allow you to deal damage from a distance without taking damage.
- Sneak: Sneaking allows you to travel unnoticed. It requires a huge amount of stamina to crouch, so use this skill tactically.
- Swim: You will unlock your swimming skill when you swim in water for the first time.
- Knives: Knives are a strange weapon class, they are fast, and don’t use up a lot of stamina, but have terrible range.
- Spears: They have an excellent range. You will unlock this skill the first time you stab an enemy with a spear.
- Pickaxes: You will unlock this skill the first time you craft a pickaxe. The first pickaxe can be crafted after defeating the first boss in Valheim.
- Blunts: Determines the amount of damage done when attacking with impact weapons or clubs.
- Run: Determines movement speed when sprinting and reduces stamina consumption at higher speeds.
- Swords: Determines the damage done with swords and reduces the stamina consumption of sword attacks as the level increases.
3) How to level up quickly
Find a large boulder somewhere in any biome. This rock is important because you can improve a lot of your skills with it.
Next, you need to level the ground around the rock as much as possible so that you can build a medium-sized structure around it. After that, you need to build a structure that resembles a shelter.
Create walls and roofs for this building and make sure you have a campfire and a workbench inside.
Important: The rock must be in the center of the shelter.
Make sure your roof has no holes, as well as your walls. And most importantly, put flooring around the rock and cover the whole hut with it. Also, make sure you build a chimney for the fire so you don’t suffocate in the building.
Rested & Resting
This ensures that you have two buffs – rested and resting. Combined, these buffs give you up to 400% stamina regeneration (very important if you want to level up quickly)!
All you have to do now is hit the rock with anything whose skill you want to increase – axes, swords, etc. Don’t worry if you use up all your stamina, it regenerates quickly.
You can also build a jumping station and place a floor piece directly above your head to cancel the jump. This way you’ll jump twice as far in a minute.
Is there a way to level up even faster?
Ultimately, leveling in Valheim is a question of stamina consumption. For this and many other reasons, it is advisable to invest in the right nutrition to maintain your stamina – this will make leveling even easier.
Also, make sure you stack comfort buffs to maximize stamina regeneration. With these tips, leveling shouldn’t be difficult for you.
Another way to improve your skills quickly and level up faster is to use our skill cheats. PLITCH is a software that provides cheat codes and trainers for over 3,700 games. With PLITCH, you can master any level or game in record time.
There are 19 Valheim cheats, including ones for upgrading your skills faster and setting your level. Customize the game to your liking and play by your own rules.